cinnamonnamon...

Cinnamon. 
   Cinnamon conjures up the good feelings of all things cozy and warm. It could be that pinch on a cup of hot cocoa or the mark on a freshly brewed cappuccino. It could be that fifth spice to a great pumpkin pie or the wafting smell of freshly baked cinnamon buns... mmm.. now those are good! Cinnamon is defiantly a fall/winter essential, it's not quite fall until you've smelled the sweet spicy powder of this wonderful bark. I know in my house it starts with cinnamon scented pine-cones and seems to go on from there.

  Not quite gracing our house with cinnamon scented pine-cones yet... but I have decided to try my hand at some cinnamon baked goods.

Hmmm... still deciding. 

In the mean time, check out last night's dinner: one pan roasted goodness. I got a little lazy.   I think I have come to believe that sometimes lazy can be a good thing. Especially when it comes out looking like this!

Ps. Hope you all had a great weekend!!  And for any fellow Truebies out there, wasn't last nights finale amazing!

Comments

Jennifer said…
I am totally craving cinnamon buns now! Ahh, your magical photos take me happily into Fall.
Just landed here at your blog from somewhere else (I already forgot) ;-D
Love those pics.
Lazy is definitely a good thing!
Anonymous said…
Man if that is you on a lazy night I would like to come over to your house for dinner!
Unknown said…
MMM...love me some fall!!! The roasted salmon and veggies looks so yummy too!
Amanda said…
I agree with TheRedDeer. You are the best kind of lazy. I love roasting, but not when I'm lazy. :)
Chef Chuck said…
The photo's make me smell cinnamon in the air! O.K. there is some seriousness in that dinner... are you going to eat all that!! :)
apparentlyjessy said…
I think if asked, I would name cinnamon as my all time favourite spice. Cinnamon scented pine-cones sound lovely!

My favourite lunch box treat as a kid was mums tea cake, which had a sugar and cinnamon crust on top...I must ask her for the recipe...
What is it about your blog that always makes me remember random old memories!? It's great!

LOVE the look of your lazy dinner, nothing beats a good piece of salmon, yummo!
apparentlyjessy said…
Oh yeah...
YES the True Blood finale was amazing! I was a little nervous cause I had seen mixed reviews on Twitter, but I was really happy with it. I was doing a lot of gasping and ooohing and aaawing in the last few scenes!
foodcreate said…
I love Cinnamon One of my all time favorite Spices ... Thank you for sharing wonderful site ..


Have a Wonderful Day ~
Cherie said…
Love those heirloom carrots!!!
The jewelry place you were asking about is on Queen East, just east of Yonge. I think the name is Lacy's. They sell equipment mostly.
I am addicted to cinnamon!

A delightful dish! Nice veggies...

Cheers,

Rosa
Lucy said…
I love all things cinnamon, we even nickname my best friend Cinnamon Bean! Right now cinnamon carrot cakes can always make me happy :)
Unknown said…
Delicious! Cinnamon is the perfect Fall & Winter condiment. I love it sprinkled on hot chocolate.

Popular Posts