COOL TREAT, SWEET EATS

SUMMERSORBET
With summer around the corner gearing up cool and refreshing treats is something we all crave on a hot day. I know the hot days aren't quite here yet, but who says we can't get started now? Who am I kidding. I'd eat ice cream all year round.
So in an attempt to go for a bit of a healthier version, I choose sorbet. It's one of the easiest things to make, even without an ice cream maker. I can't wait to starting tying out other flavors! The only question I'm asking my self now is 'what kind can I make next?'.

103/365
Chocolate Sorbet
recipe via Jamie Oliver Magazine

75g good-quality cocoa powder
300g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla bean paste or 1 bean pod (seeds scraped)
300g 70 %-cocoa chocolate, broken into pieces
Pour 750ml water into a small saucepan with cocoa, sugar and vanilla pod and seeds or bean paste. Bring to the boil while whisking; remove from heat. Add chocolate and a pinch of salt and leave for a minute, then stir until chocolate has melted and you have a glossy mixture. Cool, transfer to an ice-cream mixture and freeze, or pour into a shallow tray and freeze, stirring to break up crystals. Enjoy.

Comments

El said…
Incredible. The photos came out great and the recipe looks absolutely delicious!
Valerie Gamine said…
Chocolate sorbet! And no machine required? Thank you!! :)
Memória said…
Oh man!! I made a gelato al limone the other week and have been on the search for another recipe to try. Your gelato looks amazing!!! I love the shots! They are so tempting and magazine ready!
Meeta K. Wolff said…
love chocolate and love ice cream/sorbet. it's time to indulge. looks awesome ash!
Cheryl ♥ said…
this is perfect! summer's here all year round in singapore :D
Your photos are fabulous. mmmm. chocolate sorbet. mmmm.
I love ice cream too!!! and that sorbet sounds amazing!!!
Lucy said…
I've never really thought about chocolate sorbet, I presumed sorbet had to be fruity, but this looks irresistibly delicious! Love the photos - ice cream can be such a pain to photograph but your photos are beautiful :)
Chef Chuck said…
Chocolate Sorbet, Wow that recipe looks so delightful!
The photos are tops, I love your perceived angle!!
Emily said…
Thanks a million for the recipe - I'm one of those people without an ice cream maker and I can do this! Your photos are incredible, especially the last one, wow.
I really enjoy your site, what you write about and how you write it - recipes, and photos, but I keep missing your new posts because I use e-mail to get everything I need. I would love it if you would think about including a subscribe for new posts by e-mail plug in for this site. Love the photography of this post - and just in time for the warm weather. YUM!
Thanks!
:)
Valerie
Ash said…
A Canadian Foodie: Thanks! And I will get on that! :)
Paris Pastry said…
Wow! Look at the ice dripping down the cone. Yum! I have an ice cream maker, but I can't bring myself to using it! Is it a lot of work to make it yourself?
I have never tried chocolate sorbet, Ash - what a wonderful idea! And I love your photos - beautiful, as usual.
Ash said…
Paris Pastry: I have a kitchen aid ice cream maker attachment... but no room in the freezer to freeze the mixing bowl! I might as well not have it!
I was so happy this turned out just as good having a ice maker!! I'm totally hooked now!
Mary said…
That looks amazing, and not healthy at all! Beautiful photos!
:)
Um, so that first pic? Total magazine cover.
Amanda said…
As soon as school lets out, I'm making this is in celebration. : )
yummy supper said…
I just stumbled upon your beautiful blog. I will definitely be back!
jacqui said…
Oh, yum! I love chocolate sorbet, I can't believe I've been waiting all this time to make some, thinking I needed an ice cream machine. Thank you for posting this! Great shots too!
chocolate sorbet is so wonderful! and so intensley flavored without the dairy getting in the way!
hungryandfrozen said…
I have been looking for a good chocolate sorbet recipe for some time now, I think this might be the one - will let you know if I try it. Looks beautiful :)

Popular Posts