salted goods and other goodies

agcsaltedcookies
agccaramelpopcorn

So I went on a little salt kick and made some salted pb and chocolate chip cookies from here and salted caramel popcorn. Oh my, both were pretty darn delicious, it's all about the salty sweet mix isn't it? It really is. It's probably one of my absolute fav's and I've made those cookies twice since. I just had to, they were getting eatin' up!

I guess I decided to get a little crafty too and label my cutlery jars which I just had to show you all. They are pretty self explanatory in their own right but who doesn't love a cute simple label? Totally easy too. Just some sticker letters stuck to the jar. I'm in love with it.
Oh and the prints below of the vintage knives and wooden spoons? Just a little something I've been working on. Like or dislike? I'm thinking about adding them to my shop.


salted caramel popcorn
recipe adapted from Jamie Magazine issue 13

70 ml peanut oil
60 g icing sugar
50 g popping corn
a big pinch of salt

heat the peanut oil and icing sugar in a heavy sauce pan over medium heat until the icing sugar turns a light golden caramel (the sugar will separate from the oil, so don't be alarmed), add the popping corn and mix well into the caramel. When the corn starts to jump pop the lid on the pan and leave for 3-4 minutes. Pour out into a bowl and sprinkle with sea salt.

Comments

those cutlery jars are so dang cute.
Tash said…
Love the salty sweet mix! And the vintage knives and spoons is a big like for me! Great work as usual Ash!
xo
El said…
Love the dessert and love the prints. Definitely add them!
Anonymous said…
I'm all about sweet and salty. This looks DIVINE.
I love all your vintagey props. And as usual, the photos are stunnin....love the caramel color of the popcorns against that turquoise bowl :)
Jess said…
the cookies sound fabulous and i would definitely hang those prints in my kitchen.
Posted a comment earlier but for some reason, it's not appeared. I love all your vintge props and the caramel color looks fabulous against the blue bowl!
Rivki Locker said…
Love the cutlery jars. And sweet+salty does it for me too. My favorite food? Chocolate dipped salted pretzels. Heaven on earth.
Chef Chuck said…
If you made these cookies twice Ash, they must be good!!
~Salt the amplifier~
"Like the milk"
Unknown said…
yum, beautiful photos
Cookie and Kate said…
I've been popping corn on the stove for years, but I've never tried making my own caramel popcorn! I must. Soon.
sara said…
i LOVE those prints! I would love to have those in greeting card format, I will be your first customer? ;)
apparentlyjessy said…
I've bookmarked these cookies to try Ash, if you've made them three times I trust they must be as delicious as they look!
I like your craftyness with the jar labels, your vintage cutlery collection is really great, and should be on display.
The prints are awesome too :)
Beautiful! Both the popcorn and the prints <3.
Lucy said…
The jars are so cute - I would love labels like that on sugar and flour jars. I don't normally like popcorn but yours looks and sounds delicious!
A Bowl Of Mush said…
Oh wow salted caramel popcorn sounds amazing!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)
Your photos are so gorgeous!
I want your blog to be my screen saver.
LOVE.

Popular Posts