lazy days

marketpitapizza

This is one of those meals that even in your laziest moments turns out amazing. No dough rolling or unthawing, just a simple whole wheat pita topped with some healthy goodness.
I have to tell you, as of late, I have become obsessed with tomato pesto. It tastes good on everything... well almost. So forget sauce on pizza it's all about the pesto it really is. Finish it off with wasabi arugula (which I never knew existed before but tastes pretty darn good), roasted red peppers, olives, fresh tomatoes and goat cheese and it's sure to be a pleaser. I think I ate this just about three times last week. Yep that good.
It being so super easy, just top all your faves on to a pita and stick it on a pizza stone or pan and set into a oven at 350 d for about 10-15 min or until your cheese has melted and you're good to go.

Comments

I was a pesto virgin until I started blogging but am now a convert. Love it to death. Next time I'll try making my own sundried tomatoes as well. I've never even heard of wasabi argula....sounds intriguing. Beautiful pictures as usual ....but you know that already right!
This is my favorite and shortcut way of making pizza too but sigh I wish I could photograph them half or well quarter of this I would be happy!
I had tomato pesto at a NYC restaurant recently and fell in love with it rightaway... Planning to make some with oven-roasted tomatoes soon! :)

Your photographs leave me breathless...Wish i could click food pics half as good as you do...
This is my kind of dinner! Simple, quick, and comforting.
Bianca said…
I'm sold! I always love a healthy- yet lazy- snack!
Tash said…
Love how simple and delicious this is, and I must try the tomato pesto! Awesome photo Ash, I can almost taste all that goodness!
xo
Mrs. Stoyko said…
Love, love, love this shot! It's beautiful and the pizza looks delicious!!!
Anonymous said…
Love this idea...I'm always looking for quick and delicious lunch ideas.
Jess said…
i always want pizza, love the idea of tomato pesto!
apparentlyjessy said…
This pizza looks so good. I will have to give the tomato pesto a try. I loooove roast pumpkin and fetta on my pizzas!
Rivki Locker said…
What a simple beautiful recipe.
ben+alex said…
this looks delicious!
just found your blog.
new follower..

xo
ben-and-alex.blogspot.com
Anonymous said…
A perfect dinner!
Xiaolu said…
Loving your use of "white" space as usual here. I've definitely made plenty of pita pizzas in my day, especially when working my old crazy job. And I ADORE white pizza, especially pesto (though should it be called "green" then?). This is making me quite hungry =). Oh by the way, I'd love to ask you a few questions about how you got started selling prints on Etsy if you're willing sometime.
Chef Chuck said…
Easy but very affective!
I could taste the flavors...
Lucy said…
I haven't tried tomato pesto before - do you have a good recipe? This pizza looks delicious and so summery!
lise said…
absolutely gorgeous!!!!

Popular Posts