right now...


Man, I don't do salad's very often -eeek really I should- but this sexy piece of greenery has got me good. I seriously could eat this everyday. This warm salad has all the right bits, texture, flavor's and healthy goodness.


recipe
(or more like what I threw together)

arugula and spinach leaf mix
1/2 cup cucumber sliced thinly
1 cup of edamame beans, frozen
2-3 rashers of bacon
1 handful of whole pecans crushed
fresh mozzarella ripped apart (optional)

dressing

2 tsp rice wine vinegar
2 tsp olive oil
a light drizzle of sesame oil
1 pinch of garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
(this makes more then enough)

Make the dressing and set aside. Microwave the edamame according to packets instructions. In a pan fry the bacon till crispy, drain on a paper towel then cut up into small pieces. Mix the rest of the ingredients into a bowl then add bacon, edamame and top with the dressing, toss and eat straight away.

Comments

apparentlyjessy said…
Wow, yum! It is salad weather here right now, definitely want to give this a go, bacon and pecan combo for the win!
Unknown said…
Looks so fresh and delicious. Fortunately also very healthy ;))
Tiffany said…
This looks amazing! I love your photography. Such beautiful work :)
jacqui said…
Such a beautiful burst of green! Sounds delicious too. I'll try this and replace the bacon with some smoked tofu bites, yum!
Tash said…
I love your work, such amazing photos! This salad looks delish! I have a bag of frozen edamame beans in my freezer that I know exactly what i'm going to do with them this weekend :)
Natasha xo
square kitchen said…
the salad recipe sounds delicious and i love the way you put the salad into the scene.
Britney said…
Your blog is my new favorite! love.
Jess said…
bacon always makes it better.
El said…
Great shot. I try to eat salad every day so I'll definitely being adding this to my repertoire!
Abigail said…
Bacon on salad? Divine. I love how this recipe is both light and hearty, incorporating winter flavors while remaining fresh and crisp textures.
i love the sound of that dressing! will be trying soon....beautiful photos as usual!
Suzanne said…
Yum...this salad DOES look amazing ! I love how it has edamame in it -- so good for you!
sara said…
really lovely photos - that salad is gorgeous!
Chef Chuck said…
Hello Ash! Greens means Good!! I like that salad....
That salad looks absolutely delicious! Mmmh! By the way, I love the photo!
Xoxo ♥

Rocio R.

http://myfashiondolly.blogspot.com

Popular Posts