Tuesday, February 1, 2011

right now...


Man, I don't do salad's very often -eeek really I should- but this sexy piece of greenery has got me good. I seriously could eat this everyday. This warm salad has all the right bits, texture, flavor's and healthy goodness.


recipe
(or more like what I threw together)

arugula and spinach leaf mix
1/2 cup cucumber sliced thinly
1 cup of edamame beans, frozen
2-3 rashers of bacon
1 handful of whole pecans crushed
fresh mozzarella ripped apart (optional)

dressing

2 tsp rice wine vinegar
2 tsp olive oil
a light drizzle of sesame oil
1 pinch of garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
(this makes more then enough)

Make the dressing and set aside. Microwave the edamame according to packets instructions. In a pan fry the bacon till crispy, drain on a paper towel then cut up into small pieces. Mix the rest of the ingredients into a bowl then add bacon, edamame and top with the dressing, toss and eat straight away.

15 comments:

apparentlyjessy said...

Wow, yum! It is salad weather here right now, definitely want to give this a go, bacon and pecan combo for the win!

Svet said...

Looks so fresh and delicious. Fortunately also very healthy ;))

Tiffany said...

This looks amazing! I love your photography. Such beautiful work :)

jacqui said...

Such a beautiful burst of green! Sounds delicious too. I'll try this and replace the bacon with some smoked tofu bites, yum!

Natasha said...

I love your work, such amazing photos! This salad looks delish! I have a bag of frozen edamame beans in my freezer that I know exactly what i'm going to do with them this weekend :)
Natasha xo

square kitchen said...

the salad recipe sounds delicious and i love the way you put the salad into the scene.

Britney said...

Your blog is my new favorite! love.

Jesse said...

bacon always makes it better.

El said...

Great shot. I try to eat salad every day so I'll definitely being adding this to my repertoire!

Abigail @ Good To Think And Eat said...

Bacon on salad? Divine. I love how this recipe is both light and hearty, incorporating winter flavors while remaining fresh and crisp textures.

Lick My Spoon said...

i love the sound of that dressing! will be trying soon....beautiful photos as usual!

Suzanne said...

Yum...this salad DOES look amazing ! I love how it has edamame in it -- so good for you!

sara said...

really lovely photos - that salad is gorgeous!

Chef Chuck said...

Hello Ash! Greens means Good!! I like that salad....

Rocio Rincon said...

That salad looks absolutely delicious! Mmmh! By the way, I love the photo!
Xoxo ♥

Rocio R.

http://myfashiondolly.blogspot.com