Monday, November 3, 2008

lamingtons


I can't believe I forgot the daring bakers challenge.  I was so looking forward to some deliciously creative pizza!  I've been so busy baking up a storm and working hard that it passed my mind.  Sorry guys.  I'm on the next one!  
I went backpacking in Australia a few  years back and was delighted in they're assortment of baked goods. Some familiar and some not... this is where the lamington comes in.  I saw this little square piece of a cake and had to have one!  Coming in tons of great colours and flavors and since I love coconut and well cake of  course they seemed like the perfect little treat!  Missing Oz  and dawning Canada's cold snowy months ahead I decided to bake up something to remind me of its hot days and salty seas.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Sounds superb in Australia!

Alex Rushmer said...

Hi Ash, thanks for stopping by and leaving such a nice comment. Also, thanks for introducing me to your blog, lovely stuff with some fantastic photography.

I used to work with an aussie pastry chef and she only once brought in Lamingtons but, wow, they were good.

Where abouts in Ontario are you? I spent some time in Toronto a few years back and loved the place, such a great city

Chef Chuck said...

Hello Ash, I found your blog and I love it.
You have a great mix of photo/food.
That mini cake makes me what to jump in and Enjoy!
Thanks Chuck