Monday, July 2, 2012

summer days

Untitled
cheese cake ice-cream
Untitled

     So, I really really wanted to make ice-cream. Good ice-cream and considering I don't have a ice-cream maker it was gonna pose a bit of a challenge and we all know that the business of this creamy cold treat is in that maker and without it the ice-cream tends to fall a little flat or hard in this case.
 It's really all about the churning capabilities of said machine isn't it?  I think so.
While my ever-so addicted eyes were browsing pinterest I found a pretty awesome recipe for no-churn cheese cake ice-cream.  The cheesecake part pretty much had me but even more so was the no-churn process of course and the outcome? Pretty tasty and I think my mom loved it even more.

Head on over here for the recipe and check out the chocolate sorbet I did a while back. Which I think I must make again soon!

9 comments:

Kristin @ Pastry Affair said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous photos! I've followed your blog for quite some time and I just adore it. So glad you loved this ice cream too!

Anonymous said...

I made this yesterday and it worked perfectly and was delicious!

Lucy said...

Cheesecake ice-cream sounds incredible and I'm loving that it doesn't need churning. Looks so summery!

Chef Chuck said...

Hello Ash!!
I hope your doing well...
O my god after going over your fabulous recipe, it seem your touch will always prevail!
I was surprised to see this lovely ice cream post, for I just did one too.
We must be on the same wave length.
~Take care~
All the best, Chuck

Monet said...

Hi Ash. What gorgeous photographs. I found you through Brian--from a Thought for Food--and I'm so glad that I did. Ice cream sounds just about perfect right now. Here in this 100 degree heat. Thanks for sharing!

jas - the gluten free scallywag said...

oh lordy this sounds (and looks) like an awesome ice cream recipe can't wait to try it (come summer)!!

Sweet Journey Of Inspiration said...

I just discovered your blog. Beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing your stories.

El said...

Looks scrumptious!

Eve said...

Gorgeous Blog... Your food looks amazing...

x Eve