Monday, June 8, 2009

retro-ness

  In my attempt to get crafty: project number 2

I will admit I'm a avid thrift store wonder, always in search of a great or unique find.  I came across these embroidery hoops, which I seem to see on a regular basis, and remembered something in a magazine or random blog post, I can't remember... but they used pieces of left over fabric to create some pretty cool cheap wall art.  These here probably only cost me a whopping $4... now that's some sweet cheapt art!  I know these are a bit on the retro side, but one of the things I seem to pick up on my thrift shop travels is old retro bedsheets. There is some serious crazy patterns and amazing colours... and endless things to do with them!

5 comments:

A Slice of Concentrated Love said...

Oh my god! What a cool idea for all those hoops I have!

apparentlyjessy said...

I love it! I need to do some more thrift store searching, it is so much fun, I love the top ones pattern, so pretty! And I am pretty sure mum had sheets similar to the bottom circle one...except perhaps more browns.
Gotta love cheap chic decorating! :)

Lucy said...

I love these! So thrifty but SO very pretty :)I love the crafty things you do and make - I dont have it in me but I love looking at other peoples work.

Chef Chuck said...

I like retro, nice colors!!

Amanda said...

These are fantastic! What a great idea to jazz up a wall!