Monday, September 1, 2008

chocolate pots et frangelico

Lets just say I was craving chocolate....  I've been so busy lately that I haven't had time to make anything, but I did manage to fit in some time to indulge my sweet tooth.  I found these little shot glasses I thought would look perfect filled with something sweet so hence why these little chocolate pots were born.  I must say they are a little too sinful, dark chocolate, cream and the hit of frangelico. I do love that little hint of hazelnut.  These look great and are dead easy to make.

chocolate pots

200g  good quality chocolate
1 cup  cream
2 egg yolks
knob of salted butter
2 tbsp frangelico*

heat cream in a sauce pan over medium heat untill simmering. Add  chocolate till melted and the cream turns into a fantastic chocolatey goodness, add eggs stirring constantly, then add butter and liquor stir until smooth and creamy... yum!  Pour into little cups and chill for at least a few hours.  Makes about 6, as I used little shot glasses.
*You can use just about any liquor that suits you're taste buds: brandy, kahlua and fruit flavors work really nice.


Marija said...

Oh my what a beautiful blog you have! Found you through Daring Bakers. Welcome!

Tartelette said...

The chocolate pots are so perfect! Oh to dive my spoon in one of them!!

Aran said...

lovely pots de creme!

steph- whisk/spoon said...

rich and delicious!