simple and sweet

Untitled
Untitled

         I have to say that strawberry syrup with strawberry slices is one of my favorite things right now and with the strawberry season pretty much in the picking it's the perfect time to make your own.
 Plain yogurt with the syrup and digestive biscuit crumbs is a absolute fave right now and a healthier dessert alternative. Substitute the biscuit crumbs for granola and you've got a morning meal or even spoon some over pancakes (which my guy is quite keen on) instead of maple syrup or even both. Believe me that's good too.  I even have plans to use it to make strawberry cheese cake ice-cream very very soon... like possibly even later tonight.

Untitled
Untitled

strawberry syrup with slices

2-3 cups strawberries sliced
1 1/2 cups caster sugar
juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp vanilla extract with beans
2 tsp cornstarch


In a sauce pan over medium heat add the sliced strawberries, lemon juice, vanilla and sugar and cook stirring occasionally for 5-10 minutes. Add the cornstarch and cook for a further two minutes. The syrup should coat the back of a wooden spoon. Let cool and place in an air tight jar in the fridge where it will last up to two weeks.

Comments

Frau Haselmayer said…
This looks delicious! And the images are beautiful!
WSAKE said…
going to make this TODAY!

your blog is so so so lovely!
Suburban Geek said…
That looks scrumptious!
My father-in-law is lovingly referred to as "Strawberry Jack" because he goes to extreme lengths to find the tastiest strawberries around. He just gave me a couple of pints and now I know exactly what I am going to do with them. This syrup sounds delicious!
thelittleloaf said…
Such gorgeous photos :-)
Unknown said…
Lovely, miss you. Post more! :)
Stephanie said…
I love how delicious and simple this is! Yum, want ice cream + this and granola, now! :)
Eatlovemerry said…
Omg these are amazing! And I found a new love, I love your blog!! <3
Strangely enough, strawberry season here in Brazil is in the winter - so I have to wait only a couple of weeks to enjoy them. This syrup sounds divine, Ash! I would love some over panna cotta or rice pudding - yum!

Popular Posts