beet goodness


Sorry for being a little mia lately, got a little busy there, but I have been working on lots to share that will be coming up very soon. So for now I leave you with some pretty amazing roast veg. Well it's really only one veg, beets. Yellow and candy cane beets. These have got to be my favorite if not only for the amazing colours, but for the fact that there is no pink fingers! Well maybe not completely, the candy cane variety isn't totally stain proof.

roasted beets
6 medium size beets, quartered
2-3 tbsp olive oil
2-3 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper to taste

Place everything in a baking dish and mix to coat (feel free to add some fresh herbs like oregano or thyme). Cover with tin foil and place in a 350 d oven for 25-30min or until slightly soft when poked with a fork. You can take the tin foil off about 5-10min before so it will allow for some browning.

garlic yogurt
1 cup of plain yogurt
1/2 a clove of garlic finely chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients together, cover and let sit in the fridge while the beets are roasting since the longer it sits the better it tastes.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Looks delicious! We must try it! Love the garlic yogurt dressing
Bianca said…
Beets are hands down one of my favorite winter veg; and this variety photographs beautifully. Tasty and pretty- what a catch!

xoxo
bianca
Siobhan C said…
Yellow beets? I never knew....
apparentlyjessy said…
I have missed you! Life gets in the way of blogging sometimes huh. I'll look forward to what you have in store for us!
El said…
Gorgeous. I especially love this post because I'm a beet addict.
I recently have started loving beets more than ever so this is timely post! Love it
Tash said…
I love beets but i've never tried the yellow or candy cane ones. I like it that they're less messy and yes the colors are too lovely. Your photo is awesome as always, and makes me hungry as always too ;)
Have a lovely week and looking forward to hearing what's coming up soon, sounds exciting :)
Natasha xo
Stephanie R. said…
yum! love the colors in those beets.
ChichaJo said…
I love this type of dish! Roasting does something magical to veg every time :)
Unknown said…
Love the garlic yogurt with the beets! Yum!
Rande McDaniel said…
I agree, the yogurt with beets combo sounds fantastic!
Hmmm...I'm not a beet person...but yours look rather exotic. I've seen beets all over the blogosphere so perhaps its time I tried them :) The galic yoghurt sounds rather perfect though.
Sylvia said…
Very healthy and the dressing sounds delicious
Lucy said…
The pink candy cane beetroot is so pretty! Love this healthy, summery idea.
Unknown said…
yum, i want to eat these! lovely photos
Soma said…
Love beets and I can have them anyway! This is so beautiful. Roasting brings out the natural sweetness and the combo sounds fabulous.Love your space.

Popular Posts