where's the cinnamon?

   Hi everyone, I'm still here!  

    Yes this is another non-cinnamon post but I'm still trying to shrug off the last little bit of cold I seem to have... this thing will not budge!!  So what have I been doing then you ask?  Drinking lots of hot healthy tea and reading... a lot.  I've already gone threw two books this week and am surely almost finished the third.  I've decided that since no new episodes of TrueBlood were airing any time soon I figured I'd read my way threw it.  I fear I am now spiraling down into yet another vampire obsession. 

  I did have quite the busy weekend though, baking up some delicious little treats for a couple of cute twins for their first birthday.  Here's just one of the little cakes I did for the sesame street theme involving a certain furry red favorite and this little blue monster who sure likes snacks which involve cookies, and lots of em!

Comments

Irene said…
I love your photos. Are those books yours? They are lovely! I have a few very old books like that and it's just wonderful to smell the paper and see the pages that were cut with a paper knife. It always connects me with the past and visions of libraries and wood crackling in the fireplace.
Chef Chuck said…
Rumors have it, that if you smell cinnamon it will help your thoughts!
That is a cool cup cake !!
Anonymous said…
The cupcake looks perfect - good work!
Valerie Gamine said…
As miserable as it can be to be sick, sometimes it has it's perks. Reading is one of them. :>

That cake is cute!!
Lucy said…
Cupcake looks adorable! Now, without the cold, your reading time sounds lovely :D
Amanda said…
I've heard that too, Chef Chuck!

Anyway, love the Cookie Monster. :)
apparentlyjessy said…
Cookie monster cupcake is too CUTE!! Hope you are feeling better sooooon, I know exactly what you mean about colds that wont budge!
I love your stack of books, I hope to read Robinson Crusoe one day soon...
Ash said…
IRENE: Yep that is my stack of books! I seem to have a thing for old vintage books. I might not get around to ever reading them...but they are just lovely to look at!
Anna Patricia said…
Cookie monster made me smile :)

Popular Posts