the classics...




 Is it a oatmeal cookie? A chocolate chip cookie?  Or a peanut butter cookie?  Its even better... its all three!  This great looking thing of goodness is a monster cookie.  A cookie combining all three and adding some fun coloured m & m's are a cookie lovers dream come true. Believe me they really are that good!  
I got this recipe from a fabulous baking book I bought only weeks ago. Not that I needed to add another cookbook to my already numerous array, but Baked was my kind of book!  The pictures were great, the recipes interesting and new and not too hard to attempt.  I've already made a few things from the book and they well indeed lived up to some serious good eats!

here's the recipe:

1/2 cup all-purpose flour                                                
1 tbsp baking soda                                                           
Pinch of salt                                                               
5 3/4 cups rolled oats                                              
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) cold unsalted butter, cubed     
1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar                          
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
5 large eggs
1/4 tsp light corn syrup
1/4 tsp vanilla
2 cups creamy peanut butter
1 cup choc chips
1 cup m&m's

In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda and salt together, add the oats until combined.
In an electric mixer cream butter and sugar until smooth and pale in colour.  Do not over mix.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating until smooth.  Add the corn syrup and vanilla until combined then add the peanut butter.
Fold in the chocolate chips and m&m's.  Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 5hrs.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.  Line baking sheet with parchment.  Cook for 12-15min.
yeilds: about 36

Comments

Chef Chuck said…
Hello Ash, Triple is good! Nice combo and photo!
Cherie said…
I love the colours! The cookies sound delicious and healthy(sort of)! I've been eyeing this book for a while, Now I might just have to buy it.
Meeta K. Wolff said…
oh a 3 in 1 cookie! i love it and my son will too!

Popular Posts