SHF: so horribly fantastic, lemon strawberry little cakes .....mmmm


This is my contribution to SHF, sugar high fridays.  Yes, there is a lot of bad cupcakes out there, they may look pretty, but once you bite into them... disappointment dawns.  It saddens me, such a pretty thing being so bad.  So I've tried something new. Now these are simple, as I wanted to keep, and absolutely yummy of course... that is what we're going for here!  These lemon strawberry cupcakes are simple and well surprising.  I wanted to keep the white icing look, but its not just vanilla buttercream frosting, its strawberry vanilla buttercream. I got my little hands on some candy flavorings and decided to try them out.  I thought they would have that bitter fake taste you some times get, you all know what I'm talking about, but I was wrong.

lemon cupcakes

31/2 cups all-purpose flour
2tsp baking powder
1tsp baking soda
1/2tsp salt
1cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2tsp  real vanilla extract
3 eggs
250ml sour cream
2tsp shredded lemon peel

strawberry buttercream frosting

1 cup unsalted butter
6 to 8 cups icing sugar
1/2 milk
1tsp vanilla extract
4-5 drops strawberry flavoring
Add all ingredients into a mixing bowl and beat until smooth and creamy (3-5min)

Preheat oven 350. In a large bowl, beat butter in a electric mixer on high speed until smooth. Add sugar, vanilla and beat until mixed.  Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each one. Add flour mixture and sour cream alternately while continuing to beat.  This batter is thick, stir in lemon peel. Makes approx 2 dozen or more.


Comments

fanny said…
wow wow wow. gorgeous.
thanks for joining in.
xx fanny

ps. so happy I've found your lovely little blog!
Christy said…
Beautiful styling!! Especially love all the colours and backgrounds and the props!! I should really start going to flea markets to source out vintage serving and kitchen wares; but I've been too too lazy. Thanks for the reminder!
Helene said…
White currants!! Perfect for styling those little beauties! Well done!
anything lemon i love... and those white currants... lucky you! fabulous!
sooishi said…
i really love your recipe, the pictures are gorgeous, bravo!
so incredibly pretty! not surprised to read you are studying to be a food stylist...your photos are just gorgeous!
Anonymous said…
These are so cute! And what a creative recipe! I love your blog and all of your amazing photos :)

I would love to write about your cupcakes on our blog! If you are interested send me an email at haley@keyingredient.com

Thanks!
Haley, KI Blogger

Popular Posts